Job Title: Industrial Sandblaster
Location: New Westminster
Status: Full Time
Aarc-West Industrial Coatings Inc., one of the leading industrial sandblast/paint shops in BC, is looking for experienced, industrial shop abrasive sandblasters for their New Westminster sandblasting/painting facility located just north of Annacis Island.
We offer competitive wages, including benefits upon successful completion of the probation period, and in-house training for employment required certifications.
Duties will include:
- Material handling of incoming parts and material.
- Operate and maintain sandblasting equipment to job specifications associated with sanding,
substrate surface preparation, and abrasive blasting
- Properly protect and mask sandblasting and coating work areas
- General labour activities as required such as, but not limited to, hauling of material, tools,
- Perform work in a safe manner in accordance with Aarc-West’s safe work practices, policies, and
- Ability to identify hazards and safely dispose of chemical waste and maintain a clean safe work
- Report all incidents, near misses and equipment damage to site supervision
- Assist with other duties as required
- MUST BE RELIABLE.
- Have minimum 1 year experience sandblasting in an industrial sandblast/paint shop.
- Ability to mentor apprentices in a positive manner, knowledge of, and skilled in, the standard practices, methods, materials, and tools of the industrial paint trade.
- Must have basic weldment understanding and be able to visually inspect welds for defects prior to
- Must be able to work overtime and afternoon shifts as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
< View more job postings